- The only indication is engine light is ON (general no complaints regarding poor drivability)
- Code P2096
Code P2096 means post catalyst system fuel trim too lean on bank 1. The ECM monitors the air/fuel ratio with an air/fuel sensor and oxygen sensor located on the exhaust. If the ratio is higher than the specified target, the system is too lean.
- Check fuel pressure
- Check for intake air leaks
- Check for exhaust leaks
- Check air/fuel sensor operation
- Check bank 1, sensor 1 (pre catalyst) oxygen sensor operation (cycle between 0.1-0.9 volts)
- Check bank 1, sensor 2 (post catalyst) oxygen sensor operation (approximately 0.5 volts steady)
- Check fuel trim readings
REMEDY:If no fault is found from the above tests, the Electronic Control Module [ECM] may well need a software update. (Call CoolDrive EFI for further information)
This material has been prepared with the intent to provide a resource of reliable information; however no warranty (express or implied) is made as to its accuracy or completeness.
Neither is any liability assumed by CoolDrive for damage or loss resulting from reliance on the information or process disclosed.